Words to Live By...

"THE GOOD LIFE IS INSPIRED BY LOVE & GUIDED BY KNOWLEDGE"-Bertrand Russell

December 16, 2007

"Blog Taggers" & the People Who Love Them!

Sounds like the next episode of The Dr. Phil Show, doesn't it? Although I don't think this condition is curable, and shouldn't be because truthfully, it is a really cool way of communicating with our friends near and far and Dr. Phil would propably think it was a good exercise in self expression...

So the next "Tagger" on the show is my friend Mark Kingsdorf, the Queen of Hearts Wedding Consultant in Philly who has tagged me yet again to do a blog list. Happy Christmas to you too, LOL!! I'm 0-2 now but I'll get you back one of these days, hehe!

It's nice to know that people are out there reading and interested in what I have to say on my blog and that I have friends out there who care enough to send me all these fun things to post:)!

So here are the rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So 7 weird/random things about me, eh? (Yeah, I'm Canadian if you didn't already know and I never say "eh"...but this doesn't count).
1) I am the youngest grandchild of 19 on my mother's side (she is the younges of 9) and with all the grandchildred and great granchildren, I have almost 100 cousins!

2) I can't wink an eye (when I try I look like I have a bad twitch) & I am a terrible whistler (which I obviously didn't inherit from my dad because he is the king of whistlers).

3) I moved to Israel for a year after high school and lived on a kibbutz, was in the army (for a week) and learned how to shoot an M-16 rifle (I'm a pretty good shot actually) and volunteered in the childrens ward at Mt. Sinai Hospital. It was one of the most amazing years of my life (so far).

4) After highschool I wanted to be a journalist (I first became a dental asisstant, then a dental office manager and then a Wedding Consultant) but I have come full circle because I get to write here now and I also write a newsletter for my Las Vegas NACE chapter.

5) My favorite book of all time-Marjorie Morningstar by Herman Wouk (the movie starred Natalie Wood & Gene Kelley which I also love) about a young Jewish girl from an upwardly mobile family in the 30's who longs to break free and find herself and her place in the world & learns some very interesting things about herself. Her story resonated very strongly when I read it back in my late teens and inspired me in many ways and even now, all these years later, it's still a good read (even though I hated the ending and still do).

6) I love SpongeBob Squarepants (so does my husband)!! We own at least 4 seasons on DVD. I have to watch at least one episode (ususally it's always 2) and its generally after I finish watching the news because Spongebob always makes me smile and laugh and can't we all use some of that? I think if the terrorists could just watch some Spongebob, everything would be OK!

7) Pasta, Pasta-I crave it; spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, fettucini alfredo (yeah, I know how bad it is for me but I can't help it). It's my ultimate comfort food.
All right, now it's your turn...
1. My friend Jeannie Ward, "The Wedding Jeannie"
2. Jody Taylor Smith of "Good Taste Events" (who has a great sense of humor & I can't wait to hear your answers!)
3. My friend & part-time mentor Andy Ebon of the Wedding Marketing Blog
4. My friend Jodi Harris, the CEO of Fun at Sight N' Sound Events in Vegas.
5. Jennifer Johnson, the "OC's Finest Wedding Planner"
6. Amber Gustafson of "Amber Events"
7. Risa Provenzio of Romanza Events

No comments: