Words to Live By...

"THE GOOD LIFE IS INSPIRED BY LOVE & GUIDED BY KNOWLEDGE"-Bertrand Russell

March 17, 2009

Luck be an Irish Lady Tonight! Happy St. Paddy's Day!

The Herradura "Green Agave Cocktail"

Well, Your Las Vegas Wedding Concierge doesn't have one lick of Irish in me that I am aware of , but hopefully I can enjoy some luck o' the Irish today as everyone gets to be green on St. Paddy's Day. Perhaps a good day to try some at the "Megabucks" machine later?:)

But, If this is your day, by birth, marriage, or by hook & crook...then hope you have a great one.

If you feel like starting off with something a bit more sophisticated before you hit the green draft, check out this very cool & festive cocktail I found in a post from Kori Ellis titled "More than just Green Beer" at She Knows.com (great living/lifestyle blog by the way!)

The cocktail, all decked out for the holiday, is called a "Herradura (that's a brand of Tequila) "Green Agave Cocktail" shaken with melon liqueur. Yummy! I love how how it's garnished with a lime carved to look like a lucky shamrock. How stylish is that? 

Not only a great idea for St. Paddy's day, but for a modern touch for an Irish wedding as well.
Recipe provided by Herradura.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 oz. Herradura Silver tequila
  • 3/4 oz. melon liqueur
  • lime
Directions:
  1. Add tequila, melon liqueur and a squeeze of lime into a shaker with ice.
  2. Shake for 15 seconds.
  3. Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.
  4. Garnish with shamrock carved lime and serve.
This same post also offers some recipes for spin-offs on the cocktail called "Emerald Isle" (naturally) & an "Irish Whip"

So I'll raise me a fancy green cocktail & wish you all a happy day. Have fun and stay safe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Was awesome hanging out! Though how is it we went to a Mexican restaurant on St. Patty's day? We failed... We should have hit up the pub instead. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind on my commenting! This is my holiday by marriage and I could use a cocktail like that photo right about now.

Um, saw Chelsea's comment...you guys went to a Mexican restaurant?! I was at Fado drinking cider. :)