Happy Valentine's Day!
The image to your left is the famous "Love Sculpture" in JFK Plaza in Philadelphia, PA, "The City of Brotherly Love" It's my shout out to my good friend and Philadelphia's premier Wedding Consultant Mark Kingsdorf, the "Queen of Hearts Wedding Consultants".
Happy Hearts Day Mark!
I do love this sculpture though and thought it would be a perfect image for my Valentine's Day Post. As for the introduction, the lyrics of The Beatles kind of say it all in one of my favorite songs about love...
And that brings me to the premiere installment of one of my new diary features..."Tracey's Top 10" because I love lists! And, in honor of Valentine's Day I am treating you to my favorite songs about love and my favorite romantic movies to start off with..
My Top 10 Favorite Songs About Love (Wow, this list is better than carbon dating for showing my age, LOL!)
1. Unforgettable by Natalie & Nat King Cole-Because it was my wedding song!
2. Someone Like You by Van Morrison-Because I had been searching my whole life (until 8 years ago!)
3. I Love You More Today Than Yesterday by Strawberry Alarm Clock-It's an oldie & a goodie & makes me smile!
4. Besume Mucho by Andrea Bocelli or Diana Krall-It means "Kiss Me A Lot" in Spanish. How can that not be romantic to the 9's?
5. You Make Me So Very Happy by Blood Sweat & Tears-Because it reminds me how thankful & happy I am that Mike is in my life!
6. The Look of Love by Dusty Springfield-If you have been to my website, you already know I love this song! It's just incredibly sexy and romantic and NO ONE sings it better than Dusty!
7. Can't Help Falling Love With You by Elvis Presley-You didn't think I would forget The King did you? To me, it is his most beautiful and heartfelt song.
8.All You Need is Love by The Beatles-"...Love is All You Need". Favorite use of this song is the opening wedding scene in "Love Actually" starring Hugh Grant, when the couples' friends surprise them with a rendition of the song after the first kiss. It was so British and it just made me smile from ear to ear!
9. This Will Be An Everlasting Love by Natalie Cole-Because it is joyous, infectiously optimistic and you can't help but smile. I had a bride walk (actually she was dancing) down the aisle to this song. It was pure magic!
10. Our Love is Here To Stay by Ella Fitzgerald-A classic Gershwin song with indelible lyrics sung by one of the purest voices in the world. To me, it is just perfect in every way.
My Top 10 Romantic Movies (The ones I can and do watch over and over again!)
1. "Moonstruck" starring Cher & Nicholas Cage
2. "The Princess Bride" starring Mandy Pantankin, Billy Crystal, Robin Wright, Carry Elwes
3. "When Harry Met Sally" starring Billy Crystal & Meg Ryan
4. "Cinema Paradiso" -one of my favorite Italian films that celebrates love in many ways-Love of theatre, a very special & lasting friendship and true passion. The ending is one of the most gorgeous scenes I have ever seen.
5. "An Officer and a Gentleman" starring Richard Gere & Debra Winger
6. "Pretty Woman" starring Richard Gere & Julia Roberts
7. "Romeo & Juliet" starring Leonardo DiCaprio & Claire Danes
8. "GREASE" starring John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John
9. "The Sound of Music" starring Julie Andrews & Christopher Plummer
10. "Sleepless in Seattle" starring Tom Hanks & Meg Ryan
If you want to see a really great list of romantic movies, visit The American Film Institutes' "100 Years, 100 Passions" with the greatest romance movies of all time! FYI, They show these AFI "100 Years, 100..." shows on A&E all the time. It's a movie lover's and a list lover's dream!
Tell ALL the people that you love and who love you just how much they mean to you today & every day. Valentine's Day is just another day to say "I LOVE YOU":) Have a wonderful, "lovely" & Stylish Valentine's Day!