Words to Live By...

"THE GOOD LIFE IS INSPIRED BY LOVE & GUIDED BY KNOWLEDGE"-Bertrand Russell

December 5, 2007

Better Late (very late) than Never-The Wedding of Kelly & Andy


The video you are viewing is of a wedding I had the pleasure & honor of producing and directing in June of 2006. I realize I am a bit off in terms of timeliness but I finally figured out that I could copy the code and post it on my blog (who knew?)

Kelly & Andy are both deaf/hearing impaired and so were about 90% of their family and guests at this wedding.

Being a part of this couple's life and planning this event was one of the most rewarding experiences of both my professional career as a wedding consultant and as a human being. Every time I watch this, it reminds me of what a great couple they were to work with and how much love and care went into planning an event such as this and the multitude of things we had to consider from the height of flowers so that interpreters were not obstructed to note pads & pencils on the tables for drink orders and blinking lights to the interpreter learning all the songs Elvis sang in American Sign Language!

I believe I helped Kelly and Andy immensley with planning an event that accomodated their physical limitations and those of their guests, but did not limit their celebration of their style and love in any way whatsoever (as you can plainly see it was one great pary!!) What they gave to me though was immeasurable; a true understanding of the meaning of the word "communication" in every aspect of life, both professionally and personlly and that no matter how you say it, hear it or see it, the words "I Love You" and "I Do" are the most beautiful words in the world.

Thank you to the amazing Wedding Team that made this beautiful day possible...

Venue: Cili Restaurant & Bar at Bali Hai Golf Club, Floral & Decor: Naakiti Floral Design, Cake: Creations Bakery, Photography:Advanced Photography, Videography: Document Event Videography, Entertainment: Sight N' Sound Events & Harry Shahoian as Elvis, Luxury Limousine Coach Service: Alan Waxler Group Chartered Services. Hair & Makeup Styling: Glamsquad, Officiant: Reverend Linda Venniro

No comments: