Words to Live By...

"THE GOOD LIFE IS INSPIRED BY LOVE & GUIDED BY KNOWLEDGE"-Bertrand Russell

January 29, 2009

Wedding Concierge's "Groovy Kind of Love" Playlist

Click on image to see full size text
I saw "Bride Wars" last week and at the end they played one of my all time favorite songs by by Blood, Sweat & Tears

I was fortunate to grow up in an era that put forth some pretty fun, groovy & memorable music; much of it that fortunately is still being appreciated today thanks to the movies. From The Carpenters to Blood Sweat & Tears, Barry White, Stevie Wonder, The  Four Seasons and The Beatles, the music was up-beat, light & made you feel so good to be in Love!

So one thing you may not know about me (which should be part of that list of 25 I may get to one day), is that Your Las Vegas Wedding Concierge's other dream job was to be a DJ. Yes, you heard it here first!

I used to help some of my friends who had some fledgling DJ businesses back in the college days during house parties, and occasionally some bigger events for larger paid parties as well.

My good friend Jodi Harris, the CEO of Fun at Sight N' Sound Events here in Vegas will attest to just how much I love the music aspect of wedding planning & to my DJ aspirations. She actually has shown me the ropes a bit and allowed me to play DJ for her with her equipment at the "Wag-a Tail Walkathon" for the Las Vegas Humane Society. Now THAT is a good friend:)

Although the professional DJ career will never materialize because Jodi & other great DJ friends are THE BEST in the biz as far as I am concerned, you can bet that I will always be there for you to help you collaborate with the best DJ's, bands and entertainers in Las Vegas in selecting music for your event that will will become "The Soundtrack of Your Wedding Day" from the processional to the final cut of your wedding video. 

So I'm going to be "Your Las Vegas Wedding Concierge DJ for the Day" and share some of my "Groovy Kind of Love" playlist with you. Hope you enjoy and perhaps you might find some inspiration for your own wedding soundtrack.

You can download most of these from iTunes or Rhapsody, Amazon.com or other music subscription sites you belong to. If you can't find them, ask your DJ or band or your mom or dad! 

No comments: