- In hiring an iPod for your wedding, someone,(not your iPod) will have to rent the proper sound system and equipment to play the device so that it is appropriate for the size and space of your event.
- When you hire an iPod, you still have to enlist the volunteer assistance of one of your friends to "babysit" it when the volume needs to be turned down for toasts, playlists to be changed, or the device may have technical difficulites. Wouldn't you rather your "techie friend" was out there on the dance floor with you having a good time doing "the Robot" instead of worrying about what song is coming up next or fiddling with the wires?
- Did the iPod you hired bring a backup iPod or CD's in the event of technical difficulties?
- Your iPod really should come dressed in a different outfit and come as your laptop instead with iTunes and all your playlists at hand so the iPod babysitter can manipulate the music choices better. Are you going to enjoy shlepping your laptop and cables with you to Vegas along with all your other belongings? Are you sure everything will work with the equipment you are renting?
I am sure, smart readers that you are getting the picture that, as cool you think hiring an iPod is for controlling the style and flow of your music and reducing costs, this "wedding vendor" will still cost you in money, stress and time.
- Money that could be spent working with a professional band or DJ who will listen to you and play music that is a great mix of your style & the grooves that make a party fun and memorable for all the right reasons!
- Stress that could be reduced in knowing that your wedding planner found you a professional entertainer who has all the right equipment, backup and the know how to set it all up. And you didn't have to lug any of it to Vegas yourself!
- And the time...oh the time you will enjoy not running around getting the equipment, returning it because it won't work with your laptop or iPod like they said it would on the phone. The time you will get back with your iPod babysitter and iPod MC's so you can enjoy their company (which is why you wanted them there in the first place!).
An absolutely amazing way to include your iPod in your wedding is to have your photographer download digital images on site at your wedding to create a slideshow that can be played instantaneously and loaded on to your iPod to take with you on your honeymoon. Now that is COOL!
So, bring your iPod to Vegas, plug it in the MP3 radio in your hotel room, enjoy it at the pool and spa, but then give it the night off for your wedding reception. Your iPod will appreciate the break while you and your guests enjoy the night partying with the real professional music makers!
Have a Stylish Day!