Words to Live By...

"THE GOOD LIFE IS INSPIRED BY LOVE & GUIDED BY KNOWLEDGE"-Bertrand Russell

November 25, 2008

Wishing You a Happy Thanksgiving


Characters by Charles Schulz
Your Las Vegas Wedding Concierge can't believe that another year is almost over as Thanksgiving heralds the official countdown to the end of the year and we look to 2009. 

Growing up in Canada, we celebrated Thanksgiving (and still do) on the 2nd Monday of October where the tradition focuses on giving thanks for the successful harvest which comes earlier due to the country being America's northern neighbor. I think I vaguely remember my 2nd grade teacher telling us this in class but the excitement of Halloween was much more important. Anyway, after all these years I finally looked it up on Wikipedia. I DO love the internet!

Either way, the meaning of Thanksgiving is about giving thanks (and saying it too) so here goes...

  • I'm thankful that my family is happy and healthy; my husband, step-daughters, parents, brother, nieces and thank them for their love and support no matter what.
  • I'm thankful for the good and happy life my husband and I have worked hard to build together and for the wonderful personal and professional successes we and he have achieved this year.
  • I'm thankful I have a wonderful career as a Professional Wedding Consultant that I truly love and thank all my friends and colleagues in the business in Las Vegas and across the country that inspire me every day to do better.
  • I am thankful for the wonderful brides and grooms that give me the great honor and privilege to assist them in planning their wedding day. I sincerely appreciate all your thanks but to be able to be part of seeing your day and the wonderful memories created for you and your families is truly a gift.
  • I'm grateful for my friends; the ones I have known my entire life and the ones I just met who keep me laughing, kick my behind when I need a push and a shoulder when I really need one.
  • And I'm thankful to have the opportunity to be able to write this blog now for over a year and enjoy a little taste of the journalism career I didn't pursue. But then again, everything always works out they way it is supposed to:).  
  • And finally, I'm thankful and thank you for coming here to read my "Diary". I  hope that you have found something that helped you, inspired you or just made you smile and I'm thankful and looking forward for all the new and exciting topics I will write about in the future. 
Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving!

No comments: